Albion, Mich. - The Ferris State University women's tennis team
won its third consecutive match of the spring campaign as the
Bulldogs stormed past Albion by an 8-1 count in non-conference play
on Sunday (Feb. 28) at Albion, Mich.
The Bulldogs, who posted their fifth-straight victory of the 2009-10 season, held a 2-1 advantage following the doubles round and then captured all six singles flights in earning the decisive road win.
Albion's lone triumph came at the top doubles spot in the lineup. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs were able to take five of the six singles wins in straight-sets.
The bottom half of FSU's singles lineup consisting of Melissa Flowers, Natalie Diorio and Daniela Dimas were all double winners on the day.
The Bulldogs improved to 10-5 overall on the year with the triumph.
Ferris State will continue action by traveling to Calvin on Tuesday, March 2, for a 3 p.m. (EST) non-league encounter in Grand Rapids, Mich.
1. Amy Ingle (FS) def. Shelley Zamler (ALBION) 1-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. Tiffany Rheynard (FS) def. Cassie Simmelink (ALBION) 6-3, 6-0
3. Tabitha Simpson (FS) def. Anna Gundersen (ALBION) 6-2, 6-2
4. Melissa Flowers (FS) def. Sarah Towler (ALBION) 6-2, 6-3
5. Natalie Diorio (FS) def. Morgan Watler (ALBION) 6-2, 6-2
6. Daniela Dimas (FS) def. Katherine Batten (ALBION) 6-2, 6-4
1. Anna Gundersen/Shelley Zamler (ALBION) def. Amy Ingle/Tiffany Rheynard (FS) 8-6
2. Mary Coleman/Natalie Diorio (FS) def. Cassie Simmelink/Sarah Towler (ALBION) 8-4
3. Daniela Dimas/Melissa Flowers (FS) def. Marissa Messenger/Morgan Watler (ALBION) 8-2