Ferris Women's Tennis Wins Home Finale
Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University women's tennis
team picked up an 8-1 victory over Hope College in its
regular-season home finale on Saturday (Feb. 27) at the FSU Racquet
and Fitness Center in Big Rapids, Mich.
The Bulldogs swept the six singles flights and took two of the three doubles matches in earning the victory.
Five of FSU's six singles triumphs came in straight-sets with Hope's lone victory coming by a 9-7 count at the second doubles spot.
The Bulldogs utilized seven different players in the win and six of them managed to earn at least one victory in the encounter.
The match was the final scheduled home tilt for the Bulldogs during the 2009-10 season in women's tennis competition.
Ferris State returns to action on Sunday (Feb. 28) as the Bulldogs visit Albion for a 1 p.m. (EST) non-league match.
1. Amy Ingle (FS) def. Katherine Garcia (HOPE) 6-1, 6-3
2. Tiffany Rheynard (FS) def. Alyssa Austin (HOPE) 6-4, 6-2
3. Tabitha Simpson (FS) def. Danielle Werley (HOPE) 6-2, 6-0
4. Melissa Flowers (FS) def. Nicole Spagnuolo (HOPE) 6-2, 6-3
5. Natalie Diorio (FS) def. Casey Baxter (HOPE) 6-4, 7-5
6. Daniela Dimas (FS) def. Marissa Kooyers (HOPE) 5-7, 6-2, 10-5
1. Amy Ingle/Tiffany Rheynard (FS) def. Alyssa Austin/Danielle Werley (HOPE) 8-2
2. Katherine Garcia/Nicole Spagnuolo (HOPE) def. Natalie Diorio/Mary Coleman (FS) 9-7
3. Melissa Flowers/Daniela Dimas (FS) def. Leah LaBarge/Marissa Kooyers (HOPE) 8-6