Tiffin, Ohio - The Ferris State University women's tennis team
made quick work of the Tiffin Dragons by posting a 9-0 Great Lakes
Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) victory on Saturday
(Oct. 17) in Tiffin, Ohio.
The winless Dragons, who fell to 0-12 overall and 0-8 in GLIAC action, did not field a full lineup as FSU recorded default wins at the third doubles spot and the bottom two singles positions.
Ferris jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead with a pair of doubles wins at the top two flights along with the default at number three doubles. The two Bulldog doubles wins came by scores of 8-2 and 8-0 against the Dragons.
In singles play, FSU won the numbers one to four flights all in straight-sets with the closest score being a 6-4, 6-1 triumph by junior Amy Ingle at the top spot. Ferris captured both third and fourth singles by identical 6-0, 6-0 scores.
The Bulldogs utilized six different players in the match despite the fact the Dragons could not field enough players.
FSU improved to 5-4 both overall and in the GLIAC with the convincing win.
Ferris State will next take part in the 2009 GLIAC Tournament next Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 24-25, in Lansing, Mich. Match times and opponents are yet to be announced.
1. Amy Ingle (FS) def. Teauana Long (TUW) 6-4, 6-1
2. Tiffany Rheynard (FS) def. Taylor Cooper (TUW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Daniela Dimas (FS) def. Renee Mattson (TUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Melissa Flowers (FS) def. April Fruchtnicht (TUW) 6-0, 6-0
5. No player (FS) def. TEAM (TUW), by default
6. No player (FS) def. TEAM (TUW), by default
1. Natalie Diorio/Mary Coleman (FS) def. Teauana Long/Taylor Cooper (TUW) 8-2
2. Daniela Dimas/Melissa Flowers (FS) def. Renee Mattson/April Fruchtnicht (TUW) 8-0
3. No player/No player (FS) def. TEAM/TEAM (TUW), by default