Ferris Tennis Falls In League Road Match
Ashland, Ohio – The Ferris State University women’s
tennis team opened up a two-match Great Lakes Intercollegiate
Athletic Conference (GLIAC) road swing by dropping a 6-3 decision
to the Ashland Eagles on Friday (Oct. 16) at Ashland, Ohio.
The host Eagles swept the doubles round and took singles positions two, three and four en route to the victory. AU improved to 6-4 overall and 5-3 in the GLIAC with the home court win.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs fell to 4-4 overall and in conference competition despite splitting the six singles flights with wins at the top spot and the bottom two positions in the lineup.
The Bulldogs’ winners on the day included junior Amy Ingle and number one singles along with sophomores Melissa Flowers and Mary Coleman at the fifth and sixth singles flights, respectively.
Ferris State will wrap up league regular-season action by visiting Tiffin on Saturday (Oct. 17) for an 11 a.m. (EDT) league tilt in Tiffin, Ohio. The GLIAC Tournament will take place Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 24-25, in Lansing, Mich.
1. Amy Ingle (FS) def. Victoria Goudy (AU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Erika Sullivan (AU) def. Tiffany Rheynard (FS) 6-4, 6-4
3. Paige Cooper (AU) def. Tabitha Simpson (FS) 6-3, 7-5
4. Corinne Pasley (AU) def. Natalie Diorio (FS) 6-3, 5-7, 6-3
5. Melissa Flowers (FS) def. Katherine Goudy (AU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Mary Coleman (FS) def. Alexandra Ware (AU) 6-1, 6-2, 6-3
1. Victoria Goudy/Paige Cooper (AU) def. Amy Ingle/Tiffany Rheynard (FS) 8-3
2. Corinne Pasley/Alexandra Ware (AU) def. Tabitha Simpson/Natalie Diorio (FS) 8-1
3. Christa Halicki/Erika Sullivan (AU) def. Melissa Flowers/Mary Coleman (FS) 8-5