Men's Tennis Wraps Up Weekend Action With Shutout Victory
Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University men's tennis team wrapped up its weekend action with a 9-0 non-conference win over Davenport on Sunday (Feb. 10) in Grand Rapids.
The Bulldogs swept the doubles round and won all six singles flights, including five in straight-sets, as they improved their dual mark to 2-1 overall this year under first-year head coach Chad Berryhill. FSU won its only dual encounter of the fall and then narrowly fell at NCAA Division I Toledo (Ohio) by a 4-3 score on Friday night before coming back to beat the Panthers.
Ferris State will return to action on Wednesday, Feb. 20, as the Bulldogs open the spring portion of their home schedule against Aquinas in a non-league tilt starting at 6 p.m. (ET). The contest will mark the first of four consecutive home matches for the Bulldogs at the FSU Racquet and Fitness Center.
Below are the complete match results:
1. Galarneau/Mag def. Michelson/Woods (DU) 8-6
2. Laza/Marengo def. Pell/Carvalho (DU) 8-2
3. Keresztes/Dial def. Chambers/Chambers (DU) 8-1
1. Laurent Galarneau def. Pierre Michelson (DU) 6-2; 6-4
2. Sergiu Laza def. Zachary Chambers (DU) 6-2; 6-0
3. Tyler Marengo def. Tyler Chambers (DU) 6-1; 6-0
4. Razvan Mag def. Christian Woods (DU) 6-4; 6-2
5. Otto Keresztes def. Eric Pell (DU) 6-1; 6-2
6. Aaron Dial def. Matheus Carvalho (DU) 5-7; 6-4; 10-3