Men's Tennis Drops Match To D1 Rockets
Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University men's tennis squad suffered its first setback of the season late Saturday (Feb. 18) night as the Bulldogs dropped a 6-1 decision on the road at NCAA Division I Toledo (Ohio).
The Bulldogs captured a win in both singles and doubles action against the Rockets. The doubles round counted as only a single point in the team score per NCAA Division I rules and the Rockets were able to pick up the point by winning two of the three spots.
In singles play, FSU was able to notch one win at the fifth flight.
The Bulldogs currently own a 2-1 overall mark after playing three matches in a four-day span.
FSU hosts Davenport in its 2012 home opener on Tuesday, Feb. 21, at the FSU Racquet and Fitness Center in Big Rapids. Match time is set for 6:30 p.m. (ET).
Below are the complete match results:
Toledo 6 Ferris State 1
1. Sarria/Stillman (Tol) def. Galarneau/Roberts (FSU), 9-7
2. Weigand/Wong (Tol) def. Keresztes/Hermes (FSU), 8-5
3. May/Vidal-Cortes (FSU) def. Adams/Cona (Tol), 8-5.
1. Adams (Tol) def. Galarneau (FSU), 6-4, 6-4
2. Wong (Tol) def. Roberts (FSU), 6-2, 6-4
3. Dudzik (Tol) def. Keresztes (FSU), 6-4, 6-3
4. Weigand (Tol) def. May (FSU), 6-1, 6-2
5. Vidal-Cortes (FSU) def. Meza (Tol), 4-6, 6-3 (4)
6. Brocker (Tol) def. Marengo, 6-2, 1-6, 6-1