FSU Men's Tennis Remains Unbeaten
Grand Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University men's tennis
team remained unbeaten with an impressive 7-2 non-conference
triumph over Aquinas on Thursday (Feb. 25) in Grand Rapids.
The Bulldogs took a 2-1 lead after the doubles round and captured five of the six singles positions in posting their second victory in three days to open the 2010 spring campaign.
The Saints managed their only wins at the top doubles flight and the fourth singles spot in dropping to 1-2 overall this season.
The Bulldogs' five singles triumphs included two three-setters at the fifth and sixth flights in the lineup.
Ferris State is idle until Monday, March 8, when the Bulldogs visit William Jewell (Mo.) for a 2 p.m. (EST) non-conference encounter in Liberty, Mo. The contest will open a five-match trip to Missouri and Kansas over the spring break period for the FSU men's tennis team.
Here are the complete match results:
1. Kyle Revall (FS) def. Tuan-anh Tran (AQ) 6-2, 6-4
2. Ahmet Demir (FS) def. Nick Ludwig (AQ) 6-1, 6-4
3. Jack Swan (FS) def. Travis Wolf (AQ) 6-1, 6-2
4. Kyle Masteller (AQ) def. Justin Hermes (FS) 3-6, 6-4, 11-9
5. Steven Roberts (FS) def. Victor Roland (AQ) 7-5, 6-7 (5-7), 10-6
6. Tyler Marengo (FS) def. Michael Sendor (AQ) 7-6 (7-5), 2-6, 10-4
1. Tuan-anh Tran/Kyle Masteller (AQ) def. Kyle Revall/Steven Roberts (FS) 8-6
2. Jack Swan/Justin Hermes (FS) def. Travis Wolf/Michael Sendor (AQ) 8-2
3. Ahmet Demir/Arin Enge (FS) def. Dan Doerrfeld/Nick Ludwig (AQ) 8-4