Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University Cheerleading team will hold tryouts on Sunday, April 17, at FSU's Jim Wink Arena. Below is complete information regarding the tryout process.
Date: Sunday, April 17
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Site: Jim Wink Arena
Standing Back hand spring
Toe Touch back handspring
... Advanced Stunts (Arabesque, Scale, Scorpion, etc.)
... you must be available for team camp July 30-Aug 1
Must be willing to follow Team rules and guidelines and commit fully to our program.
... Plan on enrolling in at least 12 credit hours.
... keep a 2.0 GPA or better
... Must be available during Thanksgiving break, and Spring break until the team of 12 is picked to stay and cheer at games.
You will learn a short cheer, dance, and FSU fight Song at tryouts.
You will be judged on collegiate appearance.
Warm Ups & Material: 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Lunch: 12-12:30 p.m.
Jumps & Tumbling: 12:30-1 p.m.
Partner Stunts: 1-1:30 p.m.
Judged Tryouts: 1:30-5:00 p.m.
TEAM WILL BE ANNOUNCED
at 10 p.m. - VIA OUR FACEBOOK PAGE.
WHAT TO WEAR:
You must wear a plain white, tight fitting top and dark shorts.
- A copy of your FSU acceptance letter.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a former cheer coach. (if new to the team)
- $15 tryout fee. Please make checks out to Ferris State Cheerleading.
- A photo of yourself.
- Typed informational sheet. Please include your name, birth date, address, cell phone number and email address. Past experience, and any awards you have won. Plus add your personal mission statement including your personal goals for the season, if you make the FSU cheer team.
- If you are under 18, you must have a medical release form (check FSU athletics for forms)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL COACH PIKE AT
** Please note that there will be FREE open clinics in Wink Arena on the following dates:
March 27 - from 5-7 p.m. in Multipurpose room
April 3 & April 10 from 6-8 pm.
It is HIGHLY recommended that you attend at least one clinic prior to tryouts.
PLEASE INVITE ANYONE THAT YOU THINK WOULD BE A GOOD FIT FOR OUR CHEER FAMILY!