Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University women's tennis team played its lone road encounter in a seven-match string of Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) matches over a week span, but came out on the short end of a 9-0 decision to rival Northwood on Tuesday (Sept. 17) in Midland.
Northwood remained unbeaten on the season at 7-0 overall while the Bulldogs fell to 3-4 overall and in league action with the conference setback.
The Timberwolves started strong in doubles by sweeping all three matches and dropping only five games overall. NU then captured all six singles flights en route to the win.
The Bulldogs, who played three league matches at home this past weekend, return home for three more conference showdowns this week at the FSU Racquet and Fitness Center in Big Rapids.
FSU hosts Saginaw Valley State on Thursday (Sept. 19) at 3 p.m. (ET) before taking on Michigan Tech this Friday (Sept. 20) starting also at 3 p.m. Finally, on Saturday (Sept. 21) the Bulldogs entertain Lake Superior State in an 11 a.m. (ET) league tilt in Big Rapids.
Below are the complete match results:
1. Darina Berkova (NU) def. Ana Jan (FS) 6-2, 6-1
2. Nastya Puchkina (NU) def. Laurence LeBlanc (FS) 6-0, 6-2
3. Anastasiia Kazub (NU) def. Gabrielle Demchenko (FS) 6-1, 6-0
4. Inesa Asatryan (NU) def. Janie Sell (FS) 6-2, 6-2
5. Anna Aniskina (NU) def. Julie Fusik (FS) 6-3, 6-1
6. Margarita Asatryan (NU) def. Jessica Wilcox (FS) 6-2, 6-2
1. Darina Berkova/Nastya Puchkina (NU) def. Laurence LeBlanc/Julie Fusik (FS) 8-1
2. Inesa Asatryan/Margarita Asatryan (NU) def. Ana Jan/Gabrielle Demchenko (FS) 8-2
3. Anastasiia Kazub/Anna Aniskina (NU) def. Janie Sell/Sydney Berens (FS) 8-2