Ferris State Comes Up Short At DePauw
Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University women's tennis team dropped to 12-8 overall this campaign with a 7-2 road setback to DePauw (Ind.) on Thursday (March 8) evening in Greencastle, Ind.
DePauw swept the doubles play and claimed wins at first, second, third, fifth and sixth singles with straight set wins in four of those matches to top FSU.
The match was held at the DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center. The Tigers are currently ranked 16th nationally in the NCAA Division III National Poll and improved to 7-2 overall this campaign with the triumph.
Ferris State next hosts Lewis (Ill.) on Tuesday, March 13, at the FSU Racquet and Fitness Center in Big Rapids. Match time is set for 1:30 p.m. (ET).
Below are the complete match results:
#16 DePauw University 8, Ferris State 1
1. Kelly Gebert (DPU) def. Ana Jan (FS) 7-5, 6-4
2. Maggie MacPhail (DPU) def. Tabitha Simpson (FS) 6-1, 6-1
3. Claire Marshall (DPU) def. Laurence LeBlanc (FS) 6-3, 4-5, 1-0 (10-6)
4. Melissa Flowers (FS) def. Katie Regan (DPU) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (10-8)
5. Caroline Emhardt (DPU) def. Natalie Diorio (FS) 6-1, 6-0
6. Taylor Mahr (DPU) def. Mary Coleman (FS) 7-5, 6-4
1. Kelly Gebert/Maggie MacPhail (DPU) def. Melissa Flowers/Laurence LeBlanc (FS) 8-1
2. Katie Regan/Elizabeth Young (DPU) def. Natalie Diorio/Julie Fusik (FS) 8-6
3. Kaitlin Pickrel/Claire Marshall (DPU) def. Ana Jan/Mary Coleman (FS) 8-4