Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University women's tennis
team began a three-match Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic
Conference (GLIAC) road trip with a convincing 9-0 shutout victory
over Findlay on Friday (Sept. 10) afternoon in Findlay, Ohio.
The Bulldogs improved to both 2-0 overall and in conference play this campaign with the win in their first road match of the 2010-11 season.
Fourth-year head coach Alex Palladino's squad won all six singles flights in straight-sets and the closest doubles score was an 8-4 triumph at the number three spot in the lineup.
Findlay dropped to 0-3 overall this year with the setback.
The Bulldogs next visit Tiffin on Saturday (Sept. 11) for a 2 p.m. (EDT) league road tilt in Tiffin, Ohio. FSU then takes on Wayne State as the Bulldogs conclude their weekend trip on Sunday (Sept. 12) with a 11 a.m. (EDT) conference encounter in Detroit, Mich.
1. Alina Stanila (FS) def. Haley Dudon (UFW) 6-0, 6-0
2. Amy Ingle (FS) def. Gina Solis (UFW) 6-1, 6-1
3. Tiffany Rheynard (FS) def. Kelsey Yoder (UFW) 6-3, 6-4
4. Melissa Flowers (FS) def. Holly Vietzke (UFW) 6-2, 6-3
5. Tabitha Simpson (FS) def. Amanda Mills (UFW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Natalie Diorio (FS) def. Beverly Beavers (UFW) 6-1, 6-3
1. Amy Ingle/Tiffany Rheynard (FS) def. Haley Dudon/Holly
Vietzke (UFW) 8-0
2. Melissa Flowers/Alina Stanila (FS) def. Gina Solis/Amanda Mills (UFW) 8-1
3. Tabitha Simpson/Natalie Diorio (FS) def. Kelsey Yoder/Beverly Beavers (UFW) 8-4