Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University men's tennis team's bid for the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) Tournament Championship was halted on Saturday (April 26) evening as Findlay pulled off a 5-3 upset over the Bulldogs in the semifinal round at Midland, Mich.
The seventh-seeded Oilers pulled off a second-straight upset in as many days by beating the third-seeded Bulldogs.
UF jumped out to an early 3-0 advantage by sweeping the doubles round and then scored a pair of wins in singles action at the second and sixth flights to hold off the Bulldogs, who managed to win at one, three and four singles.
With the win, Findlay advanced to Sunday's (April 27) league tourney title match against top-seeded Northwood. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs will now face fourth-seeded Wayne State in the third-place match set to begin at 8:30 a.m. (ET).
Below are the complete match results:
1. Laurent Galarneau (FS) def. Manuel Ringsletter (UFM) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
2. Robin Semal (UFM) def. Aaron Dial (FS) 6-2, 6-1
3. Laurent Mailloux (FS) def. John Kidd (UFM) 6-3, 1-6, 6-2
4. Otto Keresztes (FS) def. Djordje Ljubinkovic (UFM) 6-3, 6-1
5. Jose Calero (FS) vs. Yannick Mohring (UFM) unfinished
6. Connor Majdalani (UFM) def. A Giacomazzi Serafim (FS) 7-6, 3-6, 6-3
1. Manuel Ringsletter/Robin Semal (UFM) def. Laurent Galarneau/Aaron Dial (FS) 8-4
2. John Kidd/Yannick Mohring (UFM) def. Laurent Mailloux/Otto Keresztes (FS) 9-8
3. Djordje Ljubinkovic/Connor Majdalani (UFM) def. Jose Calero/Will Huntington (FS) 8-4