Big Rapids, Mich. - The Ferris State University men's tennis squad opened a three-match weekend road stretch with a close 5-4 setback to Aquinas on Friday (Feb. 28) night in Grand Rapids.
The host Saints built a 2-0 lead after the doubles round with victories at the top two flights and then managed to earn the win despite the fact the Bulldogs split the six singles positions.
Ferris State picked up singles wins from Laurent Galarneau at the number one flight along with Otto Keresztes at the fourth spot and Andre Giacomazzi Serafim in the sixth position.
All six singles flights between the two teams were determined in straight-sets.
With the win, Aquinas moved to 4-0 on the season while the Bulldogs fell to 2-4 overall.
FSU continues its weekend swing by visiting Southern Indiana on Saturday (March 1) for an evening match slated to begin at 6 p.m. (ET) in Evansville, Ind. Ferris State then heads to Indianapolis on Sunday (March 2) for a 1 p.m. (ET) non-league encounter.
Below are the complete match results:
1. Laurent Galarneau (FS) def. Aaron Hendrick 6-4, 6-3
2. Aaron Dial (FS) lost to Kristoff Saari 6-2, 6-2
3. Laurent Mailloux (FS) lost to Nik Artaev 6-4, 6-3
4. Otto Keresztes (FS) def. Fisher Sutherland 6-4, 6-2
5. Jose Calero (FS) lost to Frankie Fischer 6-3, 6-2
6. Andre Giacomazzi Serafim (FS) def. Gunnar Peery 6-4, 6-1
1. Galarneau/Dial (FS) lost to Hendrick/Artaev 8-4
2. Mailloux/Keresztes (FS) lost to Peery/Saari 8-4
3. Calero/Raleigh Grossbaum (FS) def. Fischer/Andy Struble 9-7