Football Gameday: The Anchor-Bone Classic vs. GVSU
One of West Michigan's greatest rivalries returns to Big
Rapids for a second consecutive year this Saturday (Sept. 20) night
as the Ferris State University football team hosts Grand Valley
State in the Anchor-Bone Classic, presented by New Horizons
Landscaping, at Top Taggart Field.
A large crowd is expected for the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) contest, which kicks off at 7 p.m. (ET) under the lights in Big Rapids. Fans are encouraged to "come early, cheer loud and wear red!".
Tickets for Saturday's gridiron game are on sale now and can be bought online at StarTickets.com, by calling (800) 585-3737, or in person thru the FSU Athletics Ticket Office located inside the Ewigleben Sports Complex. The ticket office is open Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. (ET) to 5 p.m. (ET) with extended hours on Wednesday until 7 p.m. (ET).
The Wheeler Pavilion Gameday Ticket Office will also open early on Saturday starting at 4 p.m. (ET) with the gates to the stadium opening at 5:30 p.m. (ET). For more information on ticket sales, please call (231) 591-2888 or visit FerrisStateBulldogs.com.
Football tickets in advance for Saturday's premium game are only $12 for adults, senior citizens (ages 65+) and FSU faculty/staff along with $8 for students. Prices go up to $15 for adults, senior citizens and faculty/staff on gameday along with $10 for students. Ferris students with ID will be admitted free by showing their student identification cards.
Note: A temporary ticket booth will be set up on the east side of Top Taggert to accommodate GVSU fans. This booth will accept cash only (not credit).
Saturday's game will be carried live locally by the Bulldog Sports Network and Sunny 97.3 FM with the veteran broadcast team of Rob Bentley (play-by-play) and Sandy Gholston (color) calling the action. The contest will also be streamed with free live audio and pay-per-view video online at FerrisStateBulldogs.com.
Below are some important Gameday Details:
* The Wheeler Pavilion Gameday Ticket Office will open at 4 p.m.
* Tailgating will be permitted starting at 4 p.m.
* Gates to the stadium open at 5:30 p.m. (90 minutes before kickoff)
* The Bulldog Player Parade - will take place at 4:30 p.m.
* Fans can save money on each ticket by purchasing prior to gameday
* Credit cards will be accepted at the stadium ticket office & concession stand
* Concession stand will provide wide assortment of food & drinks including energy drinks and Jets Pizza
* Parking is $5 per available space, including Lot 2 on campus this season
* Gridiron Club members should enter off South Street in Lot 35
* GVSU fans should park in Lot 2
* All current Ferris State students with a valid ID are admitted free
* Note: A temporary ticket booth will be set up on the east side of Top Taggert to accommodate GVSU fans. This booth will accept cash only (not credit).
* Get all your game day chips and drinks at Grunst Party
Store - the official sponsor of Game Day Central.
* Click Here For Gameday Parking Map (PDF)
Ferris State vs. Grand Valley State
Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014
Top Taggart Field
Big Rapids, Mich.
Kickoff: 7 p.m. (ET)
Radio Broadcast: Bulldog Sports Network & Sunny 97.3 FM (Pregame coverage @ 6:30 p.m.)
Radio Announcers: Rob Bentley (Play-by-Play), Sandy Gholston (Color)
Bulldog Sports Network Audio-Only Webcast: Click Here
Lake PPV Video Webcast: Click Here
Live Internet Stats: Live Stats
Live Twitter Scoring Updates: Click Here
Live Twitter Analysis Updates: Click Here
Live GLIAC Scoreboard: Click Here
Tickets: Click Here for more info
Directions: Click Here For Directions
Weather: Click Here For Big Rapids Weather
Top Taggart Field
Ferris State Game Notes
Ferris State Roster
Ferris State Schedule/Results
Ferris State Statistics
Ferris State Coaching Staff
Ferris State Yearbook
Ferris State Football News
Ferris State Football Website
GLIAC Football Website
GVSU Game Notes
GVSU Coaching Staff
GVSU Football News
GVSU Football Website